1. Last Match: Sky Bet League 1 - Tue 19 Aug - 19:45 - Crawley Town 1 (Walsh 54) Bradford City 3 (Hanson 49, Knott 62, Bennet 77)
  2. Next Fixture: Sky Bet League 1 - Sat 23rd Aug - 15:00 - Bradford City v Peterborough United

The Bradfordian Newspaper

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Bradfordian Newspaper, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. The Bradfordian Newspaper

    The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

    Great to see a thriving forum about the Bantams!

    I would just like to introduce the forumers to The Bradfordian - the UK's first 'good news only' regional newspaper.

    We wish to celebrate all the is postitive and great about our wonderful city. Please support us by visiting our website for the latest good news.

    We would be very happy to receive any positive stories, Bradford City related or otherwise, from any forumers or friends. Please email: [email protected].

    Thank you all.

    Kind Regards
    The Bradfordian
    01274 722644
  2. Abbomf

    Abbomf Community Moderator Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    Messages:
    6,364
    Ratings:
    +2,524 / 15 / -102
    "Good news only"? Count me out, I'd like the truth and proper reporting. However I'd like to wish you all the best with your venture.
  3. The Bradfordian Newspaper

    The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

    Thanks for the message.

    I would sincerely hope our positive news reporting is at least as "truthful" as any local newsapaper is expected to be and sits within any reasonable definition of "proper" reporting. Although, I do get where you're coming from and can empathise with your viewpoint.

    Thank you.
    The Bradfordian
  4. craven cottager

    craven cottager Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Messages:
    613
    Ratings:
    +283 / 6 / -6
    Hope you're not breaching copyright as Bradford Grammar School have been printing a publication called the Bradfordian for as long as I can remember.
  5. The Bradfordian Newspaper

    The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I believe the publication, and subsequent website, you refer to is called "Old Bradfordians".
  6. craven cottager

    craven cottager Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Messages:
    613
    Ratings:
    +283 / 6 / -6
    Just checked their website under the heading publications which features "The Bradfordian 2012" issue 346. Not trying to be pedantic.
  7. iwas

    iwas Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,358
    Ratings:
    +226 / 2 / -0
    I like the idea. Hope it catches on
    If I'd been a mayor the first thing I'd have done would have been to have a few comedians in an open top bus driving round so that on Mondays they could shout a joke at folks standing at the bus stops or in the street just to cheer them up.

    I used to go in work early on Mondays ( I was always at work early, actually) and try to do something to make people think when they arrived at work, to make them want to go to work to see what was happening - such as pasting paper footprints on the ceiling coming out of the lift, leaving choc biscuits on desks, wearing a boiler suit (not usually done by an FD), putting trimmings up, .... People forget Monday is full of energy and the time to do the things at work they thought about doing the week before.

    There was a firm in Bradford (might have been Allied Colloids) and the Chief Exec introduced a new work philosophy for the company and I remember one of the points was Mondays are abolished.

    I always told my people that if they didn't enjoy work they were wasting their lives and should do something else. We're all good at something and it's just a matter of finding it so if we stay in a job we think is dull we're not being fair to ourselves or our families or the world.

    Good luck to you Bradfordian and I hope it helps to make people more positive.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Parkie Paddy

    Parkie Paddy Proppa Plastic Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1,704
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -24
    Got this yesterday - love it!

    I really hope you succeed but you might want to alter your objective.

    Bradford needs a proper local paper, something our local newsquest rag hasn't for years.

    We want someone to hold to account inept politicians, openly appeal for the council to sack westfield/mayer bergman and take the development on themselves albeit decade too late, like Sheffield have with hammerson.

    Less patronising reverse-deflection tripe and more pertinent news.

    Hey, have a word with Johnston Press, ya never know!.

    And I'd love to get involved, how could I ?.

    Forza!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. iwas

    iwas Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,358
    Ratings:
    +226 / 2 / -0
    well the success of City is a positive for Bradford so why not send them some match reports, you never know they might get interested and print them.
    you may not have written much before (I don't know) but you might have a talent just waiting to explode.
    good luck
  10. Abbomf

    Abbomf Community Moderator Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    Messages:
    6,364
    Ratings:
    +2,524 / 15 / -102
    I'd agree with this, a "real" newspaper, I''d pay money for that. There is a lot of untapped frustration in Bradford and even more apathy, fuelled by useless politicians and the T&A, all complicit n Bradford's accelerating decline.

    A pressure focussed newspaper would find support very, very quickly.
  11. Hulmebantam

    Hulmebantam Claret & Banter Donator Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2008
    Messages:
    2,014
    Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -12
    On my phone so won't bother doing a link, however the Salford Star is a good example of this online. Very left wing and a bit dogmatic, but they are doing their best to hold organisations and individuals to account.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Unknown User

    Unknown User Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2005
    Messages:
    13,229
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 66 / -146
    Sounds interesting Hulme. Is it linked in any way to the Morning Star?
  13. Parkie Paddy

    Parkie Paddy Proppa Plastic Claret & Banter Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1,704
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -24
    Highly ironic at that.

    This was written in June 2012. Oh what did they know ..! Comes across as lazy journalism as they failed to edit quite a large discrepancy but in the main it is very well researched an many of the ills aren't even recognise by the average Bradfordian.

    They start off by mentioning the 60's vandalism, such as that of the Swan Arcade vehemently opposed by JB Priestley.

    He was ignored when alive, what hope now.

    And thanks for the kind words. Coherency is what I lack :D
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Bradfordian Newspaper

    The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update for forumers, we've recently began publishing a blog by a life-long City fan, in the newspaper. You can see his column here: http://www.thebradfordian.co.uk/city-blog.html and also see it in the e-editions of the newspaper!

Share This Page