The Bradfordian Newspaper

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by The Bradfordian Newspaper, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    Great to see a thriving forum about the Bantams!

    I would just like to introduce the forumers to The Bradfordian - the UK's first 'good news only' regional newspaper.

    We wish to celebrate all the is postitive and great about our wonderful city. Please support us by visiting our website for the latest good news.

    We would be very happy to receive any positive stories, Bradford City related or otherwise, from any forumers or friends. Please email: [email protected].

    Thank you all.

    Kind Regards
    The Bradfordian
    01274 722644

  2. Abbomf Community Moderator C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    Messages:
    6,436
    Likes Received:
    1,237
    "Good news only"? Count me out, I'd like the truth and proper reporting. However I'd like to wish you all the best with your venture.

  3. The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Thanks for the message.

    I would sincerely hope our positive news reporting is at least as "truthful" as any local newsapaper is expected to be and sits within any reasonable definition of "proper" reporting. Although, I do get where you're coming from and can empathise with your viewpoint.

    Thank you.
    The Bradfordian

  4. craven cottager C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    149
    Hope you're not breaching copyright as Bradford Grammar School have been printing a publication called the Bradfordian for as long as I can remember.

  5. The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I believe the publication, and subsequent website, you refer to is called "Old Bradfordians".

  6. craven cottager C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    149
    Just checked their website under the heading publications which features "The Bradfordian 2012" issue 346. Not trying to be pedantic.

  7. iwas C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    215
    I like the idea. Hope it catches on
    If I'd been a mayor the first thing I'd have done would have been to have a few comedians in an open top bus driving round so that on Mondays they could shout a joke at folks standing at the bus stops or in the street just to cheer them up.

    I used to go in work early on Mondays ( I was always at work early, actually) and try to do something to make people think when they arrived at work, to make them want to go to work to see what was happening - such as pasting paper footprints on the ceiling coming out of the lift, leaving choc biscuits on desks, wearing a boiler suit (not usually done by an FD), putting trimmings up, .... People forget Monday is full of energy and the time to do the things at work they thought about doing the week before.

    There was a firm in Bradford (might have been Allied Colloids) and the Chief Exec introduced a new work philosophy for the company and I remember one of the points was Mondays are abolished.

    I always told my people that if they didn't enjoy work they were wasting their lives and should do something else. We're all good at something and it's just a matter of finding it so if we stay in a job we think is dull we're not being fair to ourselves or our families or the world.

    Good luck to you Bradfordian and I hope it helps to make people more positive.

    • Like Like x 1
  8. Parkie Paddy Proppa Plastic C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1,757
    Likes Received:
    101
    Got this yesterday - love it!

    I really hope you succeed but you might want to alter your objective.

    Bradford needs a proper local paper, something our local newsquest rag hasn't for years.

    We want someone to hold to account inept politicians, openly appeal for the council to sack westfield/mayer bergman and take the development on themselves albeit decade too late, like Sheffield have with hammerson.

    Less patronising reverse-deflection tripe and more pertinent news.

    Hey, have a word with Johnston Press, ya never know!.

    And I'd love to get involved, how could I ?.

    Forza!

    • Like Like x 1
  9. iwas C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    215
    well the success of City is a positive for Bradford so why not send them some match reports, you never know they might get interested and print them.
    you may not have written much before (I don't know) but you might have a talent just waiting to explode.
    good luck

  10. Abbomf Community Moderator C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    Messages:
    6,436
    Likes Received:
    1,237
    I'd agree with this, a "real" newspaper, I''d pay money for that. There is a lot of untapped frustration in Bradford and even more apathy, fuelled by useless politicians and the T&A, all complicit n Bradford's accelerating decline.

    A pressure focussed newspaper would find support very, very quickly.

  11. Hulmebantam Claret & Banter Donator C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2008
    Messages:
    2,220
    Likes Received:
    311
    On my phone so won't bother doing a link, however the Salford Star is a good example of this online. Very left wing and a bit dogmatic, but they are doing their best to hold organisations and individuals to account.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

  12. Unknown User Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2005
    Messages:
    13,228
    Likes Received:
    1,309
    Sounds interesting Hulme. Is it linked in any way to the Morning Star?

  13. Parkie Paddy Proppa Plastic C&B Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1,757
    Likes Received:
    101
    Highly ironic at that.

    This was written in June 2012. Oh what did they know ..! Comes across as lazy journalism as they failed to edit quite a large discrepancy but in the main it is very well researched an many of the ills aren't even recognise by the average Bradfordian.

    They start off by mentioning the 60's vandalism, such as that of the Swan Arcade vehemently opposed by JB Priestley.

    He was ignored when alive, what hope now.

    And thanks for the kind words. Coherency is what I lack :D

    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Bradfordian Newspaper New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    4